Senior IT Analyst
- Experience Level Senior
This position performs as a subject matter expert for Retail Systems. Provides deep knowledge of retail systems for convenience store, fuel, and food service operations including point of sale, back office, fuel, payment, and loyalty systems. Defines cross functional requirements, analyzes and estimates costs of solutions, and creates technical design; supports business initiatives and multiple projects. Provides process re-engineering, process improvement, implementation and maintenance of store processes, hardware or software systems. Delivers solutions that meet cross functional requirements and follows defined IT Processes.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential job duties, responsibilities, and requirements:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist level technical expertise for retail systems and business partners.
- Works with IT, Business, and Third-Party vendors to gather requirements for retail system enhancements and upgrades.
- Evaluates and delivers new technologies and solutions, including hardware and software, and provides documentation for store solutions and projects.
- Delivers assignments and project deliverables within specified time frames, adhering to established standards and guidelines individually and as a member of a team.
- Communicates with internal customers, vendors, peers and management teams to provide updates and project status.
- Works with others to facilitate completion of assignments/projects on time.
- Recognizes, documents, and implements process/project improvements.
- Ensures that established change and release management processes are followed.
- Assists with creating or enhancing documentation for retail systems solutions and projects.
- Provides training documentation to support teams as appropriate.
- Participates in scheduled meetings with key team members to review project feedback, tasks, action items and lessons learned.
- Provide specialist level problem resolution for Production Support Issues.
- Interact with internal and Third-Party technical resources for problem resolution and/or major issues.
- Performs other job duties as required.
Job Requirements (General):
- BS degree in IT field or equivalent combination of education and experience-based learning.
- 3 or more years of retail systems experience.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and customer service skills; must be detail oriented with an ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Requires good presentation and communication skills as well as team participation.
- Must be able to interact with management and team in a remote work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various audiences, orally and written.
- Ability to process information, including gathering, interpreting, assessing, organizing, and verifying data and material problems with computer hardware and software.
- Ability to effectively research, analyze and evaluate information to make decisions, solve problems and achieve goals.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work is subject to significant telephone contact with employees and customers and can be stressful.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work can include long hours, week-ends, holidays, occasional trips outside the area and overnight stays.
Job Requirements (Preferred):
- Experience with Radiant POS, Verifone POS, Bulloch POS, Pinnacle POS, Fiscal POS and/or SmartDesq POS solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or equivalent.
- Experience with network and/or system management.
- Experience with VBScript or other scripting languages.
- Experience with XML and XSLT.
- Experience with C Sharp or other .NET languages.