Senior Data Scientist
Our client, a $50+ Billion Global Retail organization with 120,000 employees is recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist to join a newly established team focused on Global Analytics and Data Science. This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to be part of a new team that is shaping the way a massive organization views its customers and global performance.
As a member of the Enterprise Data & Analytics Team, the Data Scientist is an everyday partner with multiple departments, including Global Marketing, Category Management, Shared Services & Finance, Global Technology, and Business Unit Leadership. This is a unique opportunity to work on a new, growing team within a large organization.
The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for delivering advanced analytics projects that drive business results. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to independently deliver all aspects of project work, including interpreting business questions and desired outcomes, selecting the appropriate methodology, data cleaning, exploratory data analysis, model building, and creation of polished deliverables that are suitable for internal and external presentation.
We are looking for an individual who is a proven problem solver with exceptional critical thinking ability. The candidate should have a high sense of curiosity and be comfortable with ambiguity when faced with a difficult challenge. Additionally, the candidate should possess the abilities to collaborate with others and simply and effectively communicate complex concepts with a non-technical audience.
- Independently develop advanced analytics and predictive models from design through implementation in the areas of retail, pricing and promotion, marketing, merchandising, and other areas of the business as needed
- Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to derive business value from store, product, operations, financial, and customer transactional data
- Clearly and concisely explain complex analytical findings to non-analytical peers and business leaders
- Provide a strong analytical voice to the rest of the business and be an advocate for using analytics to solve problems and create business value
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as required
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated knowledge of R, Python, or other analytical programming language
- Ability to query large data sets using SQL or Spark; experience with cloud-based environments preferred
- Experience using Data visualization software such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience applying statistical and machine learning techniques such as regression, time series forecasting, clustering, optimization, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate the business benefits of analytics
- Experience in large data processing platforms (i.e. Azure)
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a quantitative focus (Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Math, Economics, etc.)
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in a data science/advanced analytics role; prefer experience with pricing and promotion analytics