Manager of Analytics
Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. (“Couche-Tard”) operates a worldwide network of 16,000 stores across North America, Europe, and Asia and employs more than 120,000 people globally. Alimentation Couche-Tard brands include Circle-K, Mac’s, and Ingo and generated revenues of $51 billion in the fiscal year ending April 2018.
In Fortune’s 2018 Global Fortune 500 listing, the magazine ranked Couche-Tard #299.
As a member of the Analytics & Insights Team, the Manager of Analytics is an everyday partner of multiple departments, including Global Marketing, Category Management, Shared Services & Finance, Global Technology, and Business Unit Leadership.
The Manager is responsible for completing analytical and operational inquiries by developing thoughtful, and thorough practical analyses and reports to inform decisions and support business needs. Results must be highly polished and suitable for internal and external presentation. The Manager of Analytics reports to the Senior Director of Analytics.
- Analyze sales & marketing programs and transactional customer data to identify causal relationships between sales & marketing initiatives and both store and customer profitability; perform ROI analysis that assists in optimizing marketing spend.
- Conduct operational analyses in the areas of marketing, merchandising, food & beverage, and other areas of the business as needed.
- Work closely with senior marketing and merchandising executives, category managers and Business Unit Leadership to enhance business performance.
- Constructively challenge the status quo to advance and evolve how Circle K thinks about, and executes Pricing and Promotions, given internal and external / environmental trends.
- Generate ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Concisely explaining complex analytical findings to non-analytical peers.
- Analyze in-market strategic initiatives and business performance using test and control analytics, benchmarking, statistical concepts, and financial measures to guide decision making by brand and sales teams.
- Attract, retain, and develop team members for future opportunities within and beyond the Analytics team.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Advanced skill level with enterprise reporting systems and relational database management systems.
- Must have knowledge of SQL programming fundamentals and statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with Business Intelligence software, general ledger and point of sale applications.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including Access.
- Able to learn and utilize additional analytics tools (e.g., R, Python, Microsoft Power BI, etc.) as needed.
- Travel up to 40%
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree with quantitative focus, or MS/MBA degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in an analytical role preferred. (Analytics, Financial Planning & Analysis, Economics, Market Research)
- 2 years of successful experience in a supervisory role required