Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. (“Couche-Tard”) operates a worldwide network of 16,000 stores across North America, Europe, and Asia and employs more than 120,000 people globally. Alimentation Couche-Tard brands include Circle-K, Mac’s, and Ingo and generated revenues of $51 billion in the fiscal year ending April 2018.
In Fortune’s 2018 Global Fortune 500 listing, the magazine ranked Couche-Tard #299.
As a member of the Global Analytics & Insights Team, Analyst is an everyday partner of multiple departments, including Global Marketing, Category Management, Shared Services & Finance, Global Technology, and Business Unit Leadership.
The Analyst is responsible for completing analytical and operational inquiries by developing thoughtful, and thorough practical analyses and reports to inform decisions and support business needs. Results must be highly polished and suitable for internal and external presentation. The Analyst to the Manager of Analytics.
- Analyze sales & marketing programs and transactional customer data to identify causal relationships between sales & marketing initiatives and both store and customer profitability; perform ROI analysis that assists in optimizing marketing spend.
- Conduct operational analyses in the areas of marketing, merchandising, food & beverage, and other areas of the business as needed.
- Analyze in-market strategic initiatives and business performance using test and control analytics, benchmarking, statistical concepts, and financial measures to guide decision making by brand and sales teams.
- Work closely with senior marketing and merchandising executives, category managers and Business Unit Leadership to enhance business performance.
- Constructively challenge the status quo to advance and evolve how Circle K thinks about, and executes Pricing and Promotions, given internal and external / environmental trends.
- Generate ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Intermediate skill level with enterprise reporting systems and relational database management systems preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL programming fundamentals and statistical analysis tools preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including Access.
- Able to learn and utilize additional analytics tools (e.g., R, Python, Microsoft Power BI, etc.) as needed.
- Experience with Business Intelligence software, general ledger and point of sale applications preferred.
- Travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with quantitative focus (Econ, Finance, Math, Stats, Analytics)